About the service
ArtsPool seeks partners to pilot a new consulting service for nonprofits and artists. We’ve discovered that not every nonprofit is ready to join a cooperative, but many nonprofits are looking for ways to optimize their work or transition to remote work.
Some of the services we provide are:
- Operational set-up for start-ups
- Assist in organizational transition to remote work (Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Zoom, Slack, other cloud-based systems)
- Accounting software conversion or financial clean-up
- Coaching on nonprofit financial maintenance or compliance
- Payroll system transition
- Budget template automation
- Security best practices
- Business/technology systems analysis and automation
- And more…
General criteria for projects
Because our primary mandate is to serve the members of our cooperative, our work on special projects is limited to projects that meet a few basic criteria.
- We have the skills, capacity, and tools to complete the project OR completing the project has long-term value to the broader ArtsPool community (i.e., it’s an investment in our skills, capacity, or tools).
- The project and client align with our values and diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- The client is a nonprofit or, if not a nonprofit, the client has a mission that is aligned with ArtsPool’s mission and values. Priority for special projects will be given to current members of the cooperative.
- The project can be completed remotely if the organization is not in NYC.
A member of ArtsPool’s staff will schedule a discovery call with you to get more information on your specific needs, timeline, and budget for the project. Based on this information we will develop a proposal for you and your organization to review. At the conclusion of the project, we will present a list of recommended policies, tools, procedures, and transition to remote work practices. We can meet remotely or in person with management and/or board to discuss the recommendations. We can also help implement any changes that you would like to adopt at your organization.
Subsidized project services hours
Thanks to generous funding from the New York Community Trust, we are pleased to announce that we are offering 160 subsidized hours of project support in 2021 to help keep the NYC nonprofit arts ecosystem healthy during this challenging period. To qualify for subsidized hours, an organization must:
- Be BIPOC-led (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color)
- Have an operating budget under $1 million.
- Be located in the five boroughs of NYC.
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Meet our general criteria for project services clients (see above).
How to request subsidized hours
Just fill out our contact form and select Subsidized Project Services on the question about what you are interested in. Someone from ArtsPool will reach out and schedule a time to learn more about the project details.
Distribution of subsidized hours
Hours will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, provided that the organization meets the above criteria. See above for some examples of projects we are able to take on and our general criteria for projects.
Initially we will offer 10 subsidized hours to 10 organizations, and will use the remaining 60 hours to either expand the offering to more organizations or to supplement projects that can’t be fully completed within the 10 hour block.
Please complete our contact form and someone will reach out to you to coordinate a discovery call with the stakeholders from your organization.